Friday 1 January 2010

Essential 'Man-Bag' items


The 'Man-Bag' has become an essential item for most males of the modern age. Most dudes I know either have one bag or a selection of them. I recently got myself a new bag for work and did a fair bit or research to find one that matched my needs. I needed a bag that could keep documents and comics (lol) flat for reading on the train and ideally a bag that wouldn't keel over every time I laid it on the floor. Now some people would say, a bag is a bag. Well, as I spend around 3 hours a day traveling, I need books, comics, newspapers, gadgets etc to accompany me and I need a decent bag to hold them.

So I found Crumpler http://www.crumpler.co.uk. They have a shop just off Holborn. They are a boutique bag shop and pretty funky with it. I opted for the Gentleman Farmer range. It has a metal frame in it that keeps it upright (Sweet!) It has a hard casing to protect a laptop or equivalent and loads of pockets and zips for the smaller items.

So it got me thinking, what are the essential items for a Man-Bag? My thoughts to follow.

P.S. Happy New Year.

3 comments:

JD said...

My last comment for now - don't you have pockets?

Anonymous said...

Pockets Schmockets. Man bags rock. Where else can you keep your moisturiser on these cold winter days?

Pete said...

Hmm, not sure why you need portable moisturiser dude?